Thursday, October 6, 2016

Tomorrow is my last day with ClinicNET...

and so today, I am reflecting on many fulfilling years as Executive Director.

I initially worked with ClinicNET in 2000 when it was a loosely formed service coalition focused on collecting basic service data and bringing together like-missioned, non-federally funded safety net clinics for shared learning and problem solving.

Following passage of Colorado’s tobacco tax initiative and with the creation of the Primary Care Fund, ClinicNET’s steering committee invited me to join them for strategic planning and discussion about formalizing the organization. In 2006 ClinicNET became a Colorado corporation and subsequently a 501(c)(3). My role as Executive Director began in 2007 as did increasingly significant and successful efforts on behalf of Community Safety Net Clinics (CSNCs).

I’ve worked with an amazing board of directors for almost a decade and learned so much from them individually and as a leadership group. Our shared commitment to supporting affiliate clinics for the betterment of communities and for the health of individuals and families has been steadfast. Thank you ClinicNET Board.

Recalling these years of service to the mission of ClinicNET would be incomplete without recognizing the extraordinary contribution of Brooke Powers. Our affiliate clinic numbers have doubled during Brooke’s tenure and her knowledge of the clinics, her savvy advocacy, and her engagement in “opportunities” to improve systems have benefited people in need who are served by CSNCs. Thank you so much Brooke.

Cathryn Benedict, I’m super grateful for your contributions as our Quality Initiatives Manager and Anne Taylor, thank you joining us this year to provide support for our programs and communications. Brooke, Anne, and Cathryn will continue their respective work in advocacy, policy, communications and practice transformation through November after which ClinicNET day-to-day operations come to a close.

Although I’ve spoken mostly about my ClinicNET colleagues, I want to say a huge and sincere thank you to partner organizations, previous Colorado College/Safety Net Clinic Week interns, colleagues, sponsors and others who have made these years so full and rewarding. I’m certainly blessed to have worked with all of you.

I’ll see you soon, of that I’m certain!

With gratitude,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment